Team Parent VolunteersUpdated Thursday November 15, 2018 by DLL Registrar.
Team Parent Volunteers
Next to the Team Manager, the Team Parent Volunteer (TPV) might be the most important position. The TPV is the Manager's right hand woman/man and keeps things running smoothly throughout the season. This duty depends on the needs of your players’ manager. It is critical you meet with the manager and understand his/her expectations. Typically, TPV’s can expect to assist the coaches with communication to parents and confirm team duties are being fulfilled.
· First, talk with the manager about his/her needs.
· Rally Volunteers! Every team is expected to have volunteers fill specific duties throughout the season. New in 2016: electronically submit a completed TPV Volunteer Form via Google Docs.
o The TPV form includes name, email, and phone number of the person(s) who have volunteered for needed DLL duties. --> Google Doc
o A hard copy of the form can be downloaded below
o In some cases, forward the SignUpGenius link to the person who is representing your team and volunteer duty. Ex: Opening Day and 4th of July Pancake Breakfast Volunteers sign up via SignUpGenius.
o Please contact Kiby Fuchslin for access to the electronic TPV Form
· Picture Day – TBD. Hand out order forms and let parents know where/when to meet.
· Communicate with parents about upcoming DLL Fundraisers. TBD
· Organize and collect money for coach’s gifts, end of year parties, and player awards.
Your duties may include:
· Confirm all players have turned in their medical forms.
· New this year, DLL will provide every Team Manager with their own TeamWall Website. Example TeamWall
· DLL will supply a Jersey (number only on back) and a hat. Does your team want player names on the back of their uniforms? What color pants, socks, and belt? You can collect money for name printing on the back of jerseys.
o Davis Sports Shop and Ink Monkey will do this locally.
· Make sure you have a scorekeeper and umpire/field prep (where applicable) available for each game.